Monday, April 13, 2020

Sam's Top 10 Shiny Pokemon

Welcome all to my Top 10 Shiny Pokemon. 

Disclaimer: This list is purely from Pokemon I remember, or have seen in game at some point. I didn't look at all 890 Pokemon first. 

Everyone loves shiny Pokemon, ever since we were introduced to them in Generation 2 and we were gifted red Gyrados. The joy of seeing a Pokemon sparkle is something that will never get old. 

So grab a brew, maybe a biscuit and join me on a journey through my top 10 shiny Pokemon. 


At number 10 we have: Sirfetch'd
A recent addition to the Pokemon universe, Sirfetch'd can be found in the Galar region. As a lover of gold shinies, Sirfetch'd was able to sneak into my top 10. That reminds me, I must start hunting for one on Pokemon Sword. 

Number 9: Bellossom
I have no idea why I like shiny Bellossom, I just do. The purple works wonders and it makes it look so adorable. You will often find me using my shiny Bellossom in Max Raid battles as it looks even cuter when it is dynamaxed. 
Number 8: Goodra
I only recently discovered shiny Goodra, despite it being out for a few years now and it instantly became a firm favourite. It's pastel theme is a vast improvement from the purple/ grey.

Number 7: Decidueye
Despite not playing any of the Gen 7 games all the way through, the Rowlet line is one of my favourite grass types of all time. Decidueye's unusual typing and bad-ass archer aesthetic makes it one of my favourite pokemon of all time. Add in a sweet blue black cloak (blue being my favourite colour) and it makes the cut. 

Number 6: Luxray
It's gold, it's majestic, did I mention it is gold? 
Number 5: Steelix
See above. It just looks awesome! Steelix beats Luxray for the sole purpose of improving on it's pre-evolution shiny. Onix just looked poorly whereas when it evolved it became pure gold! 

Number 4: Lucario
Lucario ranks as one of my all time favourite Pokemon and it is partly due to it's shiny form, partly due to it's starring role in it's movie (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, it's amazing. Check it out if you haven't watched it). Again, the Gold/ Yellow plays a massive part here (sense a theme?) as does my general bias for Lucario. If he or Riolu are available in a game, you can be sure I will catch one as soon as possible. It's mega evolution is also majestic AF! 
 

Number 3: Crobat
Another one of my all time favourite Pokemon, I have been a fan of Crobat since it was introduced in Gold/ Silver. It has a really cool design and is also pretty handy in-game. Also gives you an excuse to catch one of the gajillion Zubat that plague the many dungeons and caves across the Pokemon games. Plus, you guessed it, that subtle gold under-wing contrasts so well to the pink/ purple body. 


Number 2: Metagross
I mean, who doesn't like shiny Metagross. It just looks amazing! Gold and silver are a great combo plus Metagross is just a boss in any game. Plus it can learn Meteor Mash. 


Number 1: Umbreon
This was a really close call between all the top 3 but I was kindly reminded by Nic that whenever I was asked for my favourite shiny, Umbreon was always the first Pokemon mentioned. So here it is, my favourite shiny. I think the blue really compliment the black and there is just something about it that draws me in. It's also my favourite Eeveelution. 
So there you have it, thanks for sticking with my rambling throughout this article. What do you guys think of my top 10? Who would you include? Let me know in the comments below. 

1 comment: